Power Quality Analyzer
The PS3000 provides simplicity, reliability, and complete answers in the analysis of electric power What makes the PS3000 the choice of professionals all over the world
It measures it all, accurately!
- Voltage, current and frequency
- All power parameters, energy (kWh), demand
- Harmonic distortion & spectrum , to 65th
- Power quality - sags, swells, transients
- True RMS, AC or DC, 50/60 Hz, 400 Hz
It handles well.
- Small footprint: 3.9" x 7.75" x 1.6" at base
- Lightweight: 1.1, 0.5 kg
- Contoured, cushion grip for comfort
- Ruggedized construction for field use
It's the easiest to use.
- Backlit LCD for clear reading
- Real-time meter display
- Buttons labeled for ease of navigation
- SureStart checks for correct connections
And the safest to connect and operate.
- Highest safety rating CAT IV 600V/8000V
- SureStart minimizes re-connections.
- Flexible current transformers for tight, confined spaces
- SafeConnect option for motor control centers, switchboards etc.
- Wireless remote control from PC via Bluetooth- up to 25 feet range
Plus, its the smartest.
- Bluetooth wireless for data download to PC
- Secure Digital removable memory card slot
- Current probes self-identify and set range
- PSM software for graphs,logs, and analysis
- Report Write summarizes results
- Captures event and data for weeks
- Optional DC line Converter powers PS4500 from same point as measured voltage
Versatile Enough for all Power Studies
- Single-phase, dual single-phase, three-phase AC circuits
- Wye (star) and all delta connections
- 50Hz, 60Hz and 400 Hz systems
- DC Systems
- Programmable PT and CT ratios for switchgear, substations
- Optional voltage probes for 5KV and 15KV
- Use with or without PC
- Battery or AC operation or power from measurement point
- Custom Triggering
- Waveform Capture
Who can use it?
- Electrical Engineers
- Plant and Facility Engineers
- Maintenance Personnel
- Field Service Technicians
- Utility Engineers
- Energy Managers
- Anyone who needs to perform electrical studies
Simultaneous measurements on all channels of:
- RMS Volts, RMS Amps
- Watts, VA, VAR, power factor, kWh
- Total Harmonic Distortion
- Sags, swells, dips to 1/2 cycle
- Transients (impulses) to 8 usec, 1000 VpK
- Frequency 22 to 440 Hz
- DC Voltage and Current
- Load profiles with min, max, avg
- Circuit and panel loading
- Effects of harmonics
- Frequency stability of generators
- Neutral current studies
- Power factor improvement
- Power quality investigations
- Energy consumption: KWh, peak demand and cost
- Start-up behavior and inrush currents
- Commissioning of electrical equipment
Size: 3.89" (9.86 cm) W x 7.72" (19.61 cm) L x 1.58" (4.01 cm) Deep (in hand-held region); 2.14" (5.44 cm) deep at top end
Weight: 1.1 lb (0.5 kg)
Operating Range: 32-122 degrees F (0-50 degrees C) Relative humidity to 70% (non-condensing).
Power Requirement: 12 VDC @ 500 mA, wall mount power supply included (specify 120 V or 240V). Internal Li-ion operates up to 8-10 after 4 hours charge.
Measurement Rate: Samples every cycle of every input. Voltage and current at 2082 samples per cycle ( 8 µseconds). All measurements updated once per second
Voltage Measurement :
Range: 1-600 Vrms steady-state (direct input). or 600-5,000 Vrms with 5 KVP probes, or 600- 15,000 Vrms with 15 KVP probes.
Display Range: 1-6 MV (using iput ratios)
Accuracy : ± 0.1 % of reading ± 0.3 Vrms
With HA5: 0.02-5A
With HA100:0.1 - 100A
With HA1000:1 - 1000A
With FX3000: 10-3000A
With FX5000: 100-5000A
With DC600: 5-600 A DC
Display Range: 1mA- 6 MA (using input ratios)
Accuracy: ± 0.25%
Harmonics Measurement: 22-3900 Hz (65th harmonic @ 50/60Hz)
Harmonics Accuracy: ± 0.25%
PS4500 displays THD and individual harmonics through 25th (1800 Hz) of all signals. With PowerSight Manager PC software displays harmonics through 60th harmonic.
Power, Energy, Cost, Power Factor :
Display Range: 1 watt-60 MW (using input ratios)
Accuracy: ± 0.5 % plus accuracy of current probe.
Response: 1/2 cycle
Transient Detection: High-speed Transient Sampling every 8 µsec
Waveform Snapshot: User captured waveforms set up by user allocation of memory
Logging Period (resolution) :
User selectable from 1 second - 99 minutes
Logging Duration(length of monitoring session)
User selectable up to 2 years according to memory allocation
600V / 8000V CAT IV
Secure Digital Card Slot:
Accepts SD cards to 2GB
Free PC Software with Report Writer
No license restrictions, available for free download.Multiple users can freely share power study data and collaborate. Zoom and expand tools for graphs and waveforms. One-click export to Excel. Set-up and control of Powersight meters. Save commonly used set-up configurations for recall. View real-time meters and waveforms remotely via PC, notebook or netbook. ReportWriter "wizard" automatically documents power study data in table and graphs. Reports can be customized. Comparison mode compares two studies for energy savings verfications.
THE POWERSIGHT PS4500 POWER QUALITY ANALYZER is te best choice if you are looking for a versatile, easy-to-use power monitor suitable for all types of power studies. It is a data logger, energy and demand meter, power quality moniter, harmonics analyzer and "live-view" scope and multimeter- all in one! PS4500 Brochure/Data Sheet It can:
- Catch power quality events such as fast transients (impulses) to 8us, voltage sags (dips), and swells.
- Track total harmonic distortion to the 63rd harmonic.
- Record energy use (kWh), and log all power parameters: such as watts, va var and pf.
- Data log RMS voltage and current over time (days/weeks/months) with cycle-by-cycle resolution.
- Display real time values in meter window- just like a multimeter.
- Display oscilloscope, waveforms, harmonic spectra, phasors vis a PC + Bluetooth wireless communication.
- Measure DC voltage and current
- Monitor 50 Hz, 60Hz or 400Hz systems
It's rubberized contoured case and rugged construction make the PS4500 ideal for field work. Clearly labeled buttons display present values on a back-lit LCD window for quickly making spot measurements at panels and equipment. Its SureStart feature automatically checks for wrong connections before you begin monitoring to ensure a successful power study every time.
Data is saved to internal memory that can be downloaded to a PC via Bluetooth. Alternatively, the PS4500 includes a removable SD memory card slot (to 2GB capacity) that allows you to backup power survey data and transfer the data to a PC via an SD card. PC software and Report Writer are included.
EVERY CYCLE EXAMINED!
High-speed sampling to 8us offers high performance for capturing spikes and transients. Cycle-by-cycle recording provides greatest accuracy for data logging and recording voltage fluctuations. Continuous sampling ensures no cycle is missed.
SAFE FOR NFPA 70E AND CSA Z462 COMPLIANCE
The new safety regulations demand safer tools. The PowerSight PS4500 has a a CAT-IV (600V/8000V) safety rating -- the best choice for working on systems to 600VRMS.
PowerSight meters and analyzers with Bluetooth wireless communications are the safest way to test. After installing the PowerSight and its probes, workers can get away from high voltages and Arc Flash dangers and test remotely. Once at a safe distance cumbersome PPE suits, hoods, gloves etc. can be removed. Thus workers can more comfortably control the PowerSight, view connections, phasors, and real-time values, start/stop monitoring and download data in complete safety (up to 25 feet away) via a PC, netbook. or PDA.
With a CAT-IV Safety rating (600V/800V) you can confidently use the PS4500 on systems up to 600 VRMS. Bluetooth wireless communications allows remote control via a PC or netbook, up to 25 feet away.